November 22nd , 2016 //The Maycomb Tribune

Maycomb Tribune Editorial

As you all know, my name is Mr. Underwood. I run this newspaper, I have for years now. In today’s issue, I decided to include a little editorial, based on an experience I had just the other night. The topic is the racial situation here in Maycomb. I would like to address this situation head on. Just the other night I was ready to shoot a mob of Caucasians for attempting to lynch an African American man without even having a fair trial, or any trial at all for that matter. I know that many of you were raised on the foundation that white people are superior than blacks in many ways, but that is racist. There is no truth at all behind this support. The racist people here are no better than the pig sty’s they work in. You should not segregate someone based off of the color of their skin. White men are just as “bad” as whites in many aspects. White men rape, murder, and steal, just the same as blacks, except people with white skin get the right to a fair trial, whereas blacks get a “fair” trial, if they aren’t murdered by then by WHITE men. All of this has to relate to the event I experienced just two nights ago, concerning the black man accused of raping a white woman, with little to no proof. This man’s name is Tom Robinson. Now, I know Mr. Robinson , and he’s a right good man. Right good man. Nice family, sweet wife and beautiful children. But yet he is accused of raping an “innocent” woman, without any proof except for the word of a white family against the word of a black man. Now, if you are participating in the jury for Mr. Robinsons trial, you MUST set aside any racial issues you have and base your vote full out of the proof presented.  You’re not doing this for me, or even Mr. Robinson, but you are doing this for yourself. Make the right choice.